International Journal of Sociology of Agriculture and Food
Official publication of the Research Committee on Sociology of Agriculture and Food (RC-40)
Editors: Mara Miele, Farshad Araghi and Vaughan Higgins
Volume number: 20 (2013)
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts to be considered for publication should be sent to the Managing Editor:
Mara Miele, International Journal of Sociology of Agriculture and Food, School of City and Regional Planning, Cardiff University, Glamorgan Building, Cardiff, CF10 3WA, United Kingdom; e-mail: email@example.com.
Book reviews and books for review should be sent to:
Dr Adrian Evans, Department of Sociology, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, United Kingdom; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use this form to submit your article by e-mail.
Manuscript Format and Submission
Submission of a paper should be in three separate files:
- one cover sheet containing the title of the paper, author's name and address, and a biographical note;
- one sheet containing the title and abstract;
- the paper, including title, abstract and word count.
Papers should not exceed 10,000 words, including abstract, references, tables and figures.
This journal uses the Harvard (author-date) system of references. Style guide: references.
Spelling, Punctuation and Style
Follow the Oxford English Dictionary and Fowler's Modern English Usage. The Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors and the Oxford Guide to Style are useful additional sources of reference.
Submission of figures and artwork
It is in the interest of the author to provide the highest quality figure format possible.
- Figures must be saved separate to text; please do not embed figures in the paper file.
- Files should be saved as one of the following formats: TIFF (tagged image file format), PostScript or EPS (encapsulated PostScript).
- All figures must be numbered in the order in which they appear in the paper (e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2).